Monday 7 January 2013

Vintage & Romantic - Cottage by the Sea Style

This is part two of the New Collection which I shall be adding to over the next few days.....

Anyone who knows me understands how organised I like to be and having these New Collections makes me very Happy. Last year when I was making things I had a terrible struggle going on in my head. I wanted the things I made to reflect my love of the Sea and I wanted Blue to be the main colour......I also wanted to reflect back to The Seaside of the past. My past as a child staying at North Berwick or Pevensey Bay and also the Past of my Children when we took them to....Blue Anchor Bay in Somerset.

However, I had a conflict going on in my head, you see, I love flowers but I could not see how I could justify using them in a Seaside theme....also, as well as Laura Ashley I Love Cath Kidston. Now, most of her designs feature pink......how was I to fit this in? I did ask on my page if pink could be thought of as a Seaside colour and I was surprised and pleased by the answers. I was told that a lot of Seaside houses are painted pink......but how was I to convey this in my work?

Then, towards the end of last year, when I was at work, I was reading a Grdening magazine about how a couple had built a Seaside Garden in the Countryside.....'Where the Seaside meets the Countryside'.....excellent I thought, this is where I live and how I can embrace the two principles....


Amongst my Fabric stash was some Vintage Laura Ashley fabric as well as some Cath Kidston. A friend had given me some Vintage lace and of course I had a huge stash of buttons. I had enjoyed my time making Notebooks and envelopes but I was being drawn back to these fabrics.........

Another passion of mine is The Regency Period, Jane Austen, handsome men in gorgeous clothes, The Romance.......so here I was with phrases going round in my head and Fabrics to match, that is when I came up with the phrases for my new collection.....

Vintage & Romantic - Seaside Style and Vintage & Romantic - Cottage by the Sea Style

I hope you love them, I am certainly thrilled to be able to have eased my conscience and make the things I want to make whilst staying true to myself :) xxx













2 comments:

  1. It is always good to hear the inspiration behind the designs. The hearts are so pretty. x

    ReplyDelete