Monday 11 November 2013

Celebrating a Coastal Christmas Part One

This year  I shall be celebrating a Coastal Christmas! I have enlisted the help of some of my Coastal loving friends who wanted to share their love of the Coast with you. I hope you enjoy reading about them and seeing what they do and make.

First of all I would like to introduce you to Alison Smith, she owns a Holiday Cottage right here in Galloway. Although she is from Yorkshire she is Passionate about promoting the area where she lives, known as The Rhins of Galloway. So, if you fancy a Seaside break this one comes highly recommended.



You can find out more here 




Tracy Beattie makes delightful Seaside Gifts here is just one example




You can find Tracy here Crafty Coast
The item in the photo is made with a driftwood base, and the houses are made from little pieces of rounded brick which the sea has washed up, and the snowman and children are painted on sea pottery (I never use pebbles - only brick, sea pottery, roof slate, etc that the sea has worn and shaped & I use the shapes as I find them).



Lou at Cornlet is a very dear friend who I have actually met in real life!......she is Passionate about Cornwall where she lives and makes gorgeous seaside Inspired Gifts, she knows I love Turquoise so I chose this photo to share her work...



You can find more of Lou's work here Cornlet


In case you did not know, all my work is influenced and Inspired by the Coast! I make Seaside Stationery & Gifts in Sea Blues, Greens, Purple and white.
 You can find my page here Blue Anchor Bay
and my items for sale here 
Here is just one example



 

 


Next is Julie Caisey she also makes some Seaside gifts... as well as other things,  here is a photo of a Seagull which you can knit! He is very cute. She also has other items with a Coastal theme available.




 







This Ship Ahoy quilt was made by Julie Richards another Lucky Lady who lives in Cornwall!
Hobby Crafts Cornwall

Thanks for taking the time to read this, part two will be published very soon. I hope this has given you an insight into how you could enjoy a Coastal Christmas and have lovely memories of the Seaside in your home all year round!

Best Wishes,

 from Jacqueline xxx


Blue Anchor Bay




No comments:

Post a Comment