Friday 10 August 2012

Lady Magpie & Me Summer Fête

Saturday 4th August
It was a dull morning when I awoke but I had slept well and felt surprisingly calm. The day had arrived when I was to take part in my first ever event, where I would be selling my Handmade Stationery and Button Necklaces.



Everything was packed and ready to go and hubby had agreed to drive and help me settle in. We arrived about nine and the Fête started at ten, I was surprised at how long it took to set up. Leah came over to greet me and I was pleased to see her and find my table. I felt immediately at home, there was a lovely happy atmosphere and some fab upbeat retro music playing.

The lady next to me was very kind and made sure I was ok, it turned out I had met her before when I had visited her beautifully restored walled garden at Shambellie. www.shambelliewalledgarden.co.uk She has asked me to take part at her Autumn Fair on Saturdat 22nd September.




Once I had set up I went for a quick walk round and came across the local choolatiers from Monaive and a lady whose page I had seen on Facebook Flossy teacake with a gorgeous stall of goodies.

By 11am it started to get busy and I was pleased to make my first sale, some paper bunting!

I looked around and was interested to see how the other stall holders were behaving and reacting to the visitors. I wished I had brought something to do so made the most of my spare time by writing notes for my blog and thoughts about what I would do differently next time!.....

At 11.30 we were entertained by a lovely local lass called Zoë Bestel,she had a lovely folksy voice and played an electric ukelele.

I found it difficult to eat my prawn sandwich as every time I went to open my lunch bag a customer appeared, so I ended up eating too many liquorice allsorts instead!

The Fête was made up of a lovely mix of Vintage and Craft stalls. A lot of the lovely young ladies were wearing beautiful Vintage 40's/50's dresses.

I was lucky enough to have photos taken by two magazines who were there D&G Life and Pretty Nostalgic which is a new one.

Around 3 O'clock we were entertained by the Community Choir who sang beautifully and without accompaniment.

I then met a lovely local lady called Helen who I had chatted to on facebook and who kindly asked me to take part in a Fair she is organising for Charity.

I had some coffee from the lovely Vintage Tea Room where there were delicious cakes on show!

However by 4pm I was beginning to flag.I had enjoyed it all very much and it had certainly been a success, not only had I met some lovely people but I had actually sold some of my Handmade items too! I was no longer a craft fair virgin and was looking forward to taking part in some more!



 I would like to say a huge thanks to the lovely Leah who organised the whole event, who invited me to take part in this Fabulous Event and whose photographs I have used in my blog





 Leah Halliday
 https://www.facebook.com/ladymagpieandme

www.facebook.com/SoSewPretty

www.facebook.com/leah.halliday

Flossy teacake www.facebook.com/Flossy-teacake

Walled Garden Shambellie     www.shambelliewalledgarden.co.uk/

Helen Anderson www.handmadeathelens.blogspot.co.uk


I shall be taking part at the Alzheimer Scotland Craft Fair 2012 on Friday 21st September at St George's Church Hall, George St, Dumfries DG1 1EJ from 10am until 3.30pm




No comments:

Post a Comment